RightsLink Author FAQs - Publisher Questions*
1. I am interested in learning more about RightsLink Author to support my growing Open Access program. Who do I contact?
Please contact your account manager or our business development team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. How do I contact Copyright Clearance Center’s Customer Support?
You may contact our Customer Support team in the following ways:
Phone Toll free: +1-877-622-5543
Live Chat: Visit http://chat.copyright.com to initiate a live chat session.
Our hours of operation are:
Monday through Friday 24 24 hours/day
3. What is RightsLink Author?
RightsLink Author is part of RightsLink’s next generation platform for managing and collecting author publication charges, including open access charges, page charges, color charges and more.
4. Is RightsLink Author different than RightsLink?
RightsLink and RightsLink Author are in the same product family. RightsLink Author is RightsLink’s next generation platform for managing and collecting author publication charges, including open access charges, page charges, color charges and more.
5. How can I create promotion codes to provide to my authors?
Log into the Open Access portal at https://oaportal.copyright.com. If you don’t have credentials, please contact your Account Manager. Once in the portal, choose the Promotions tab and the link for Create New Promotion.
6. How can I tell whether or not an author has completed their open access or author charges transaction?
You can log into the Open Access portal at https://oaportal.copyright.com, choose the Reports tab and then run a Manuscript Status report (the download will show both the manuscript status and the payment status). You can search by manuscript, author, status and more.
7. I no longer want to offer the option to publish Open Access to one of my authors, yet they have already received a link to pay their open access charges and / or completed their transaction. Who do I contact?
Search for the manuscript on the Manuscripts tab in the Pub Portal, and within the Manuscripts Status History section, choose the link for "change status." This link allows you to set the manuscript status to withdrawn. If you don't see the link, we may need to add a new role to your Pub Portal Profile.
Please contact Copyright Clearance Center’s Customer Support at email@example.com if you need assistance withdrawing a manuscript.
8. How can I tell whether or not an author has paid their open access or other author charges?
You can log into the Open Access portal at https://oaportal.copyright.com, choose the Reports tab and then run a Manuscript Status report (the download will show both the manuscript status and the payment status) or run a Transaction Summary report for all completed orders. You can search by manuscript, author, order date, status and more. In Aries Editorial Manager you can also see payment statuses within various Editorial folders.
9. How does RightsLink Author handle outstanding charges for orders completed by invoice?
CCC sends auto-dunning reminders for any payments due. Once the dunning cycle is complete, the payment is then pursued by one of our collections specialists.
10. I am having technical difficulties. Who do I contact?
Please contact Copyright Clearance Center’s Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. How often will I receive revenue from CCC for transactions through my RightsLink Author implementation? How do I track my revenue?
RightsLink Author distributes monthly for payments received in full. You may track your revenue in the Pub Portal at oaportal.copyright.com by running a Transaction Summary report or by running a variety of reports in RightsCentral (www.rightscentral.com). The Transaction Summary report enables you to search for transactions within a distribution date range.
12. I would like help promoting my Open Access program and the availability of automated APC collection through my RightsLink Author implementation. Is this something CCC can assist with?
CCC would be happy to discuss your needs; please contact your account manager at email@example.com.